EHC Plan Co-ordinator
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely with Wirral Council to appoint an EHC Plan Co-ordinator to their team. The role is on a full-time agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
The working hours are Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00 with the post offering an excellent rate of pay of £27 per hour.
EHC Plan Co-ordinators are central for the Local Authority (LA) to meet its statutory duties to organise EHC needs assessments, arrange specialist provision, and produce quality EHC plans.
The post holder will oversee the new SEN process for families, across schools and a range of service providers, including education, health, social care and voluntary sectors.
The post will include writing initial Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessments and Plans, working closely with SEN and Specialist Services to ensure effective and timely delivery of the EHC process and EHC Plans. They will promote the new SEN Reforms, EHC process and EHC Plan and role model best practice
Key Tasks within the role will include:
* To be the main point of contact for parents/carers and co-ordinate the EHC Assessments for families, within current statutory timescales.
* To plan and facilitate person centred EHCP meetings with families/carers and professionals across education, health, social care and voluntary sectors.
* To include, as appropriate, the child/young person and other people/professionals key to the child/ young person’s EHC Plan.
* To ensure the child/ young person and/or their parents/ carers are involved in the meetings and development of the EHC Plan, that the preferred communication of the child/young person is recognised, and the plan adapted if relevant.
* To work with professionals to ensure their knowledge, experience, skills and relevant assessments inform the EHC plan.
* To network with a variety of services, agencies and providers to gather information in order to support the family to make well informed choices, including parent support services.
This role is highly sought after so if you would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible