Care Support Worker - Liverpool
Local solutions require Care Support Workers to join our team.
* smart phone provided
* free uniform
* enhanced pay for bank holidays
* enhanced holiday entitlement after five years’ service
* opportunities for career development
* fully funded health and social care diplomas & care certificate
* employee awards
* round the clock office and community support
* company pension scheme
Local Solutions cares and invests in its employees and is proud to hold the following workplace awards Investors in People Award, Disability Confident Symbol, LGBTI Charter Mark, ROSPA Gold Award and The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
The main areas of responsibility for the Care Support Workers include:
* To provide personal/domestic care to the service user enabling them to retain their independence in their own home.
* To offer support, both emotionally and physically to the service user.
* To promote good care practice, including a commitment to the service user, maintaining their dignity and independence and respect for their cultural, spiritual and religious needs.
* To ensure at all times that the care practice is non-discriminatory and service users personal beliefs and preferences are appropriately acknowledged.
* To meet the physical, social and emotional need of service users as agreed in the care plan, to promote independence and enhance their living skills.
* Provide direct personal/domestic care in accordance with the service users assessed needs
* Assisting/supporting with personal hygiene and appearance, i.e. bathing
* Preparing/cooking meals and assisting with feeding where necessary
* Undertaking routine domestic and household tasks
* Shopping, collecting pensions and prescriptions
* To liaise and collaborate with other departmental staff, agencies and community nurses who are involved in providing care for the service user.
* To assist service users with tasks as agreed in care plans, in accordance with National Care Standards.
* To work with service users to improve and maintain daily living skills, using appropriate equipment whenever required.
* To contribute to the maintenance of appropriate records providing written reports on care plans and report regularly to the Line Manager any significant changes in the service user or their circumstances.
* To always be punctual by logging in, attending for the correct duration and logging out of every call at the correct time using the electronic monitoring system where appropriate.
* To inform the office immediately in the event of no access to service users property.
* To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the service provided.
* To be part of a team of staff working within the community, working flexibly with other staff members.
* To attend staff training sessions as arranged by the Line Manager and in conjunction with personal development plans.
* To attend supervision with Line Manager.
* To carry out all duties in accordance with Local Solutions policies and procedures, including the promotion of anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
Please apply online to be considered for the Care Support Worker role