As part of a wide portfolio of skills and services, Kier provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
A Structural Technician is required to join our award winning Building Structures Team in Liverpool.
* Produce technical drawings, 3 dimensional building models, schedules and specifications
* Responsible for producing and checking drawings, design models, schedules and specifications within a quality assurance environment
* Required to visit other Kier offices on occasion
* Coordinate civil and structural design information with other technical disciplines
* Committed to maintaining a programme of Continuing Professional Development
Key Skills and Qualifications
* HNC or BTEC in Civil or Structural Engineering, Building or Construction
* A commitment to Continuing Professional Development is essential
* Experience producing civil and structural drawings, models, specifications and schedules
* Experience operating ‘Autodesk Revit’ and ‘Navisworks’ software to produce 3d building models
* Experience producing structural drawings using ‘AutoCAD’ software
* Experience carrying out site inspection duties in a structural role
* Experience designing with awareness of the CDM Regulations
* Experience using NBS Building or Create software would be advantageous
* Knowledge of structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber detailing to British or European Standards
* Knowledge of detailing and scheduling reinforcement to British or European Standards
* Knowledge of construction techniques to British or European Standards
* Ability to operate AutoCAD, Revit Structures and Navisworks software
* Ability to communicate well in the written and spoken word and to work well in a team environment
* Precise drawing and written skills are important for this role
* To specify construction methods considering health, safety and sustainability
* Will be self-motivated with the desire to improve their own performance
* A full UK driving licence would be advantageous for this role
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together